Details on the use of medical information
Please note the following information.
- TK has commissioned an external and independent telemedical centre for the following medical information services - the TK-ÄrzteZentrum (TK-MediCall), TK-FamilienTelefon (TK-FamilyMediCall), TK-ReiseTelefon (TK-TravelMediCall), TK-HebammenTelefon (TK Midwifery Hotline), and the expert committee on dental prostheses.
- The telemedical centre is subject to the provisions of medical documentation requirements. These are regulated in Section 57 (1) of the Bundesmantelverträge für Ärzte und Zahnärzte (BMV-Ä) [German Federal Collective Agreements for Medical and Dental Practitioners], in Section 57 (1) BMV-Ä, and in Section 10 of the Musterberufsordnung [German Model Professional Code of Conduct], among others.
- The external and independent telemedical centre is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The doctors at the telemedical centre are obliged to document the reason for the call in a patient medical record. These records can be inspected by doctors employed in the telemedical centre in case this is required from a professional perspective.
- The telemedical centre treats patient medical records in strict confidence. This also means that TK is prevented from receiving any medical information about the actual reason for the call. The doctors at the telemedical centre are subject to medical confidentiality vis-à-vis third parties (which also includes TK) and may only be relieved of this by the patient.
- For invoice verification purposes the telemedical centre transmits billing-relevant contact information to TK.
- The TK-ÄrzteZentrum (TK-MediCall), TK-FamilienTelefon (TK-FamilyMediCall), TK-ReiseTelefon (TK-TravelMediCall), TK-HebammenTelefon (TK Midwifery Hotline) and the expert committee on dental prostheses only provide general information to you and information about issues related to medicine or the health system.
- The information provided may, under no circumstances, be interpreted as an indication of the presence or absence of a particular disease or any other ailment.
- The information must also never be interpreted as a request for a particular treatment or non-treatment of a possible disease.
- The information provided must never be interpreted as a call for self-treatment or self-diagnosis of a disease or any other ailment.
- The information provided must never replace treatment by a doctor. The diagnosis and treatment of a disease or any other ailment may only be carried out in consultation with a doctor.
- Techniker Krankenkasse assumes no liability if the information provided is misused for self-diagnosis or self-treatment contrary to its express intended purpose. The same applies if you fail to consult a doctor based on the information provided.
- Furthermore, we are liable only in cases of intent or gross negligence. Given the general nature of the information provided, we are not liable in cases of minor negligence.