If you are insured with TK, for instance as an employee, self-employed individual or retiree, you can take out insurance free of charge for your family members.
The following members can be included free of charge in your insurance cover:
- your married partner or civil partner in accordance with the Lebenspartnerschaftsgesetz (LpartG) [German Civil Partnership Act]
- biological and adopted children up to a certain age
- children of children covered by dependants’ insurance
- stepchildren and grandchildren who live with you in one household
- stepchildren and grandchildren who live on their own and who depend primarily on you for their livelihood
- foster children, unless you are caring for them in a professional capacity.
Please fill in this form if you want to cover your family members: